- move Perez up to leadoff until Sean Smith gets going (and I believe he will)
- add Cronin to T-Mac and Inky (Rios) at the heart of the order
- give Charlie Strandlund a couple of starts (maybe pitching!) in a row and see what happens
- keep trolling the market for other good hitting cast-offs
- maybe try wearing garters a la Nuke LaLoosh
Tonight's game saw an interesting call in the 4th inning when Colin Moro hit one to the wall and none of the umpires made any kind of call. The runners stood in limbo until it was finally declared a home run, much to the wrath of the Scorpions bench. After a conference, the umps changed the call to a ground rule double which got Kip Gross out of the dugout, to no avail of course. Skip was up again one out later when Terrance McClain was called out after an aggressive turn at first and Gross lost it once more in the 6th, screaming at the home plate umpire on a debated fair/foul call but somehow managed not to get tossed. Lou Pinella would have been proud.
And finally, a quick thanks to Mike Walker for the kind words about this blog in tonight's broadcast. Appreciate it, and keep up the good work behind the mike...uhh...Mike!