Seal Blubber Bits
- Jamar Hill returned from injury on Saturday night and made his presence immediately felt. Hill hit a thrilling three-run homer in the bottom of the ninth to send the game into extra innings. The home run was his 15th of the season and put him into the league lead in that category.
- With Wilver Perez being given the night off, Bret LeVier batted leadoff on Saturday. LeVier has been much improved offensively of late and has raised his average above the Mendoza Line (.226 going into Saturday's action).
- Ethan Katz has settled down nicely after his disastrous outing on Monday. He has pitched 2 1/3 scoreless innings over the last two evenings.
- Anthony Pluta has started his Seals career as expected. He has shown signs of dominance, but has walked 8 batters in his first 4 innings on the mound. The most costly walk forced in the winning run in the bottom of the 11th inning on Saturday night.
- Saturday's game was the longest in Seals history. It took 4 hours and 19 minutes to play and wrapped up with Jamar Hill popping out with the tieing run at third at 11:27 PM. The game featured a grand total of 19 walks.