Seal Blubber Bits
- The Seals are neck-and-neck with the Chico Outlaws for second in league attendance. Going into Wednesday's action, Victoria was averaging 2,243 fans per game as compared to Chico's 2,203.
- Isaac Hess took a no-decision in his debut with the Calgary Vipers on Wednesday night. He gave up 6 earned runs in 6 2/3 innings pitched as his struggles continue since being signed and unsigned by the Boston Red Sox at the All Star break. There is a chance that Hess could pitch on Sunday at RAP against the Seals.
- Sergio Pedroza has gone 3-for-6 with 3 RBIs in his first two games with the Vipers. There will be no joy in watching him pound the Seals pitching staff on the weekend.
- Ex-Seal Austin Bibens-Dirkx continues to roll for the Peoria Chiefs. On Monday night he raised his record to 5-1 and lowered his ERA to 1.93 since he was signed by the Cubs. Bibens-Dirkx gave up no earned runs and only 3 hits in his 6 innings of work. The Midwest League is now hitting a paltry .212 against him. When he was with the Seals, the GBL hit .260 against him. Peoria has a 3 1/2 game lead in the second-half standings so Bibens-Dirkx will likely see some action in the playoffs.
- Josh Arhart now has the highest batting average on the Seals, with a .329 mark. Arhart batted .325 for Orange County last season.